Project Olympus: Spring Carnival 23rd Show and Tell
McConomy Auditorium - Cohon University Center
Project Olympus Show & Tells are a unique venue for providing a window into the many exciting developments on campus and for connecting students and faculty with the wider business and entrepreneurial community. Another stimulating program is planned, full of exciting talent and ideas, showcasing university research/innovations/companies and connections.
This year Project Olympus is celebrating its 12th anniversary with its 23rd Show & Tell.
The event is free but REGISTRATION is requested.
A networking reception will follow @ Connan Room.
• Professor Lenore Blum, CSD (SCS); Founding Director, Project Olympus; Faculty Director, Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship
A FOCUS on UNIVERSITY RESEARCH
• Professor Barbara Shinn-Cunningham, Director, Carnegie Mellon Neuroscience Institute; Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition; Pyschology; Biomedical Engineering and ECE (CIT)
— How CMU is poised to change the field of Neuroscience
• Professor Zico Kolter, CSD (SCS); Chief Scientist of AI Research for the Bosch Center for AI
— Making deep learning algorithms safer, more robust, and more explainable
A FOCUS on ARTS and ENTREPRENERUSHIP
• Lance Laduke, Teaching Professor in Euphonium & Music Business, CMU School of Music; Chief Artist, CMU Center for Arts and Society
— Music Entrepreneurship at Carnegie Mellon: Why, What, and How
A FOCUS on START-UPS and INNOVATIONS
Meet the Students, PostDocs, and Faculty:
• Kit Needham, Project Olympus Director/Entrepreneur-in-Residence, introduces Project Olympus Student PROBE projects, Innovation Fellows, CMU NSF I-Corps teams and the Spark Grant Fund
• Audrey Russo, President and CEO, Pittsburgh Technology Council
— Pittsburgh Technology Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Past, Present, and Future